Appaloosas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Appaloosas

A forum for App lovers to discuss our favorite breed - the breed of choice!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Can we share POA babies?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
POABaby

Can we share POA babies? Empty
PostSubject: Can we share POA babies?   Can we share POA babies? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 8:55 am

We had two babies born here this spring. We're glad they are both here safe and sound.

First is a filly, registered name pending, we call her Vegas. She's out of Westwind Licorice and Luckey Strikes Gold. We're very pleased with how she turned out, other than we had hoped for a bit more color. She's got one white spot on her right flank and some white hairs on her left flank. I'm hoping that she'll color out more as she ages like her mother did. I can't wait to see her color when she sheds out the baby fuzz.
Can we share POA babies? 100_1993
Can we share POA babies? 100_2187
Can we share POA babies? 100_2189
Can we share POA babies? 100_2190

Just last weekend, Chevy was born. We were a little worried about him at first. He was a slow starter, struggled to figure out nursing, but with a little extra help he is doing wonderfully now. I'll have to get some new pictures soon at a week old, here he is at one day. He is out of Sailing Susie and Jamaican Scotch.
Can we share POA babies? 100_2179
Can we share POA babies? 100_2196
Can we share POA babies? 100_2207
Can we share POA babies? 100_2216
Back to top Go down
Spotted Face

Spotted Face

PostSubject: Re: Can we share POA babies?   Can we share POA babies? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 6:01 pm

Of course you can post POA's - after all, they are sort of tadpole Appys... Cool

Chevy looks like a snowcap...are both parents LP?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can we share POA babies?   Can we share POA babies? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 7:01 pm

Is Licorice a varnish? If so there's a good chance she passed that on and Vegas will color out eventually. I've never seen only lower face white like that before, it's very cute! Chevy is also adorable, he has cute little ears like Ruby did! I love you
Back to top Go down
https://appaloosas.forumotion.com
POABaby

PostSubject: Re: Can we share POA babies?   Can we share POA babies? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 9:12 pm

Not sure if Licorice is a varnish, she is definitely whiter than she was as a baby, but hasn't changed much the 2 years she has been here. I thought varnish's got whiter each year? I do think baby will color out as Licorice was a solid black when she was a baby, look at her now! I love her little half blaze. Funny thing/freaking thing is that my friend has a QH baby born about the same time and it was a palomino that had a blaze that STOPS exactly where Vegas's begins. Weird huh!

Chevy is out of a fewspot and uh... Sally. Sally is a palomino that is virtually white. As a yearling she looked like this http://www.sunbrightoaks.com/sunbrightoaks/mares.htm Now she looks almost completely white with darker coloring around her head and points on her legs.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can we share POA babies?   Can we share POA babies? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 9:25 pm

Some do, she looks like a snowflake (which is a varnish) so baby might have inherited it. What pattern is the stud?
Back to top Go down
POABaby

PostSubject: Re: Can we share POA babies?   Can we share POA babies? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:51 pm

Which stud? Licorice's or Sally's? Sally was bred to a fewspot and she produced the snowcap.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can we share POA babies?   Can we share POA babies? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 4:47 pm

Licorice's stud - what was his pattern? If he also carried varnish there's a good chance she inherited it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Clippity Clop

PostSubject: Re: Can we share POA babies?   Can we share POA babies? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:06 pm

I have a friend who raises POA's and they are awesome too! Just like the big Appies Very Happy
Your babies are beautiful! I really like your palomino filly too. I assume POA's are like
Appies in that you never know what color they will be from one year to the next? Congrats
on your babies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can we share POA babies?   Can we share POA babies? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can we share POA babies?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Appaloosas :: Show off your Appaloosas! :: Foals-
Jump to: