Appaloosas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Appaloosas

A forum for App lovers to discuss our favorite breed - the breed of choice!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome Spotty Lovers!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Welcome Spotty Lovers! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome Spotty Lovers!   Welcome Spotty Lovers! I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 5:17 am

Welcome to the Appaloosa Forum, a place to discuss all things related to our favorite spotted breed! My name is Lolla; I created this board because there wasn't anywhere to discuss only Appaloosas. I currently have 5 Apps; Acoya, Pip, Sully, Indy & Ruby. I've been a foundation bred App lover since I was a kid, my first full sized horse was an App named Amavble Estrella (Friendly Star). She was full of Appytude and taught me how to be a better rider; I miss that horse.
Back to top Go down
https://appaloosas.forumotion.com
Spotted Face

Spotted Face

Welcome Spotty Lovers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Spotty Lovers!   Welcome Spotty Lovers! I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 6:45 pm

I'm Jim, AKA Faceman, AKA Face.

I got my first horse in 1957, a Quarter/Shetland pony, about 13 hands - that one bit everything in sight, and had one gait - gallop. My second was a white (grey) 14.2 Arab stallion in 1958 - that one constantly reared when you rode him, and was waaaay too much horse for an 11 year old. My third was a 16.1 Tennessee Walker in 1958 (notice the Arab stallion didn't stay around long). She was bomb proof, but wouldn't move faster than a slow walk with a kid aboard - a born babysitter. Then I got an Appy, and was hooked...appytude and all... Rolling Eyes

I bred, raised, and trained Appys and Araloosas for many years, stopped breeding 5 years ago. I currently have one solid palomino Araloosa gelding, who was one of my former stallions, 2 palomino leopard Araloosa geldings, and 2 of my last Appy foal crop that are 5 years old now, a blanket filly (my avatar) and a snowflake/varnish gelding...
Back to top Go down

Welcome Spotty Lovers!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Appaloosas :: Welcome to the Appaloosa Forum! :: Introductions-
Jump to: