Appaloosas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Appaloosas

A forum for App lovers to discuss our favorite breed - the breed of choice!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spot Me N De Shadows

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Spot Me N De Shadows Empty
PostSubject: Spot Me N De Shadows   Spot Me N De Shadows I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 6:40 pm

Here are some pix of my boy Indy who was born last year. He's quite the handsome young man! Very Happy

1 Day Old:

Spot Me N De Shadows H_acoyababy2-vi

3 Days Old:

Spot Me N De Shadows H_babycantering-vi

1 Month Old:

Spot Me N De Shadows H_Indy1month3-vi

2.5 Months Old:

Spot Me N De Shadows H_Indybodyjuly-vi

5 Months Old:

Spot Me N De Shadows H_Indyportrait-vi

8 Months Old:

Spot Me N De Shadows H_IndyKirby-vi
Back to top Go down
https://appaloosas.forumotion.com
Clippity Clop

PostSubject: Re: Spot Me N De Shadows   Spot Me N De Shadows I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 8:02 am

He's a gorgeous boy! I can't believe it's been a year already! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
doublesix

PostSubject: he sure is a beautiful boy   Spot Me N De Shadows I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 6:28 pm

Clippity Clop wrote:
he willbe a big stout boy, something to be proud off. This year has gone by like the wind and I am waiting on a new baby may 12th. Will be the only one......................this year. We have to many now and must start moving them to new owners, I sure hate to see them go, but we all know how that goes......................... I will see if I can post them all, need to figure out how to do that, but will work on them on face book in the next days.................................need to go now, til later
Back to top Go down
Clippity Clop

PostSubject: Re: Spot Me N De Shadows   Spot Me N De Shadows I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:16 pm

doublesix wrote:
Clippity Clop wrote:
he willbe a big stout boy, something to be proud off. This year has gone by like the wind and I am waiting on a new baby may 12th. Will be the only one......................this year. We have to many now and must start moving them to new owners, I sure hate to see them go, but we all know how that goes......................... I will see if I can post them all, need to figure out how to do that, but will work on them on face book in the next days.................................need to go now, til later

If you need some help just give a holler. Looking forward to seeing your crew! I well know what you mean about having a hard time letting them go. It's one big downer to breeding any. I don't like it at all but horses need jobs and you can only use so many! That doesn't make it any easier to say good-bye.
Back to top Go down
doublesix

PostSubject: to letting them go   Spot Me N De Shadows I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 1:16 pm

I haven't actually bred any Appaloosas any more for several years. I have retired two of my great mares and send them on retirement with some friends of mine.......................one, a Roman Cloud mare, is at a lady's that sits with her evenings and sings and plays her fiddle to her..................................the other , a half sister to her, is with 3 other horses and is getting pampered . The mare I still have is the only one that is bred, as her and my stallion are F4"s and have the blood to help the breed to survive as colored Appaloosas. But I guess that is another topic..................I love my Appaloosas and have for over 45 years now. All started with a little 2 yr old Appaloosa mare, never heard of Appaloosas before, and boy did she do it to me..............................I had her for 35 years and she is all that it took to sell me on them. Had them ever since.........................and will as long as I am still able, and if it is only one.............
I call it spotted fever...................................I had the pleasure to meet many of the great Old timers of their time........and its a shame that so many of these great bloodlines have totally disappeared from the picture. New Appaloosa owners and breeders have no clue what we have lost ........................thats it for today,................a beautiful day , maybe I can get some nice pictures?
Back to top Go down
Spotted Face

Spotted Face

PostSubject: Re: Spot Me N De Shadows   Spot Me N De Shadows I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:44 pm

doublesix wrote:
I haven't actually bred any Appaloosas any more for several years. I have retired two of my great mares and send them on retirement with some friends of mine.......................one, a Roman Cloud mare, is at a lady's that sits with her evenings and sings and plays her fiddle to her..................................the other , a half sister to her, is with 3 other horses and is getting pampered . The mare I still have is the only one that is bred, as her and my stallion are F4"s and have the blood to help the breed to survive as colored Appaloosas. But I guess that is another topic..................I love my Appaloosas and have for over 45 years now. All started with a little 2 yr old Appaloosa mare, never heard of Appaloosas before, and boy did she do it to me..............................I had her for 35 years and she is all that it took to sell me on them. Had them ever since.........................and will as long as I am still able, and if it is only one.............
I call it spotted fever...................................I had the pleasure to meet many of the great Old timers of their time........and its a shame that so many of these great bloodlines have totally disappeared from the picture. New Appaloosa owners and breeders have no clue what we have lost ........................thats it for today,................a beautiful day , maybe I can get some nice pictures?

Amen... cheers
Back to top Go down
Clippity Clop

PostSubject: Re: Spot Me N De Shadows   Spot Me N De Shadows I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 9:04 pm

doublesix wrote:

I agree with you. A horse has to look like a beefy quarter horse these days for a lot of people to think "quality". It's very disheartening if you dwell on it. I try to be as positive as I can and hope for the best. All we can really change is ourselves and possibly those we encounter along the way. Maybe that will be enough. I hope you got some good pictures!!
Back to top Go down
POABaby

PostSubject: Re: Spot Me N De Shadows   Spot Me N De Shadows I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 8:19 am

I still love Indy! Can't wait to see yearling pictures of him.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Spot Me N De Shadows   Spot Me N De Shadows I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:36 pm

They look so cute grazing together! I love you

Spot Me N De Shadows IndyRubygrazing-vi
Back to top Go down
https://appaloosas.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spot Me N De Shadows   Spot Me N De Shadows I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spot Me N De Shadows
Page 1 of 1