Appaloosas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Appaloosas

A forum for App lovers to discuss our favorite breed - the breed of choice!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why Casper is so goofy...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Spotted Face

Spotted Face

Why Casper is so goofy... Empty
PostSubject: Why Casper is so goofy...   Why Casper is so goofy... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 9:23 am

I don't think I have ever told the story of how Casper came to be, which may be why he is such a goofball...

I always kept my herd together, stallion as well as mares and youngsters - at least until I got Chip, my 16.0, 1200 pound monster leopard, who didn't like geldings...he, I had to keep in a stud pen.

In any case, one day we were preparing to go riding. I used to saddle the horses in the corral, never bothered to close the gate to the pasture, so other horses were always hanging around. Well, one day I had just saddled Sassy, my big hulking broodmare http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/bbf+a+little+sassy when Chili, the half Arab I was using as a stallion for my trailhorse breeding program, wandered in and promptly mounted her - I had no idea she was in season.

Well, it all must have felt funny to her, all tacked up, so she took off at a slow lope through the gate and into the pasture. Now Chili, who has since been gelded, never missed a chance when he had it, and had no intention of missing this one. So he stayed aboard her clear across the pasture, which is 22 acres.

Now if you have never seen a stallion mounted and hooked up nice and tight, running on his two rear legs behind a loping mare, you haven't seen anything...those legs were going a mile a minute... Smile We all laughed for hours after that.

Anyway, Casper was born 11 months later on April 19, 2001. I figure he never had a chance with that kind of start...I think maybe some of the genes he got from Chili were damaged with all that shaking going on... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
TLA

TLA

PostSubject: Re: Why Casper is so goofy...   Why Casper is so goofy... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 4:03 pm

OMG Face. Shocked I choked on my pop I was laughing so hard. I cant imagine how funny that must have been to watch.
Back to top Go down
Clippity Clop

PostSubject: Re: Why Casper is so goofy...   Why Casper is so goofy... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 8:11 pm

That is a hilarious story face!! LOL... Too bad you didn't have it on video!
That is one determined stud..lol..
Back to top Go down
Spot Me Silly

PostSubject: Re: Why Casper is so goofy...   Why Casper is so goofy... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 8:55 pm

Holy moly, what a visual! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Casper is so goofy...   Why Casper is so goofy... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why Casper is so goofy...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Appaloosas :: Breeding :: Stories-
Jump to: